As we enter the colder months, rodent activity near or in our homes and businesses can be on
As temperatures begin to drop rodents including
rats, house mice and squirrels will start to look for a shelter and a food source.
Contact us: 01825508644 / 07770669879
We urge customers to take preventative measures to avoid any unwanted visitors, as any rodent activity in ours homes or businesses can cause serious damage through gnawing on electrical wires, water pipes, contaminating food stuffs and the potential to spread disease.
Prevention is better than cure:
Keep nearby trees and climbing plants trimmed back so they have clearance from the roof.
Consider entry points such as damaged airbricks and vents, gaps around pipework, doors or facia boards.
As part of any treatment program
Total Control Pest Solutions carry out
a survey to ascertain the rodents points of entry,
recommendations can then be made
to avoid future infestations and to
avoid the necessity for further treatments.
What are the signs to look for?
Rats and Mice
- Faeces – Dark and pelleted shaped like a grain of rice. Rats often use the same spot so these might be clustered in one area. Mice can produce around 80 droppings a day, commonly droppings are found under the kitchen sink, around the heating boiler and in loft spaces
- Gnawing – Electric cables, plastic, torn food bags.
- You might hear scratching or scuttling from the attic or in wall cavity if indoors.
- Spotting lots of squirrels around your property, particularly on the roof area
- Smell of urine in the loft
- Torn up insulation from the loft along with gnawing on wood and stripping of electrical cables.
- Faeces – Barrel shaped around 5-10mm
- Scratching or rustling sound from the loft, often at the outer edges
- Stripped bark from trees nearby
We set-up, manage & maintain regular pest control contracts:
- Annual pest control contracts with regular inspections and treatments.
- Tailored to fit your site/property's individual requirements.
- On site folders containing written reports, COSHH & Safety Data Sheets.
- Commercial premises set-up to BRC standards for audits.
We aim to take care of your pest control issue from start to finish, ensuring you have a pest free environment. Rest assured we have the solution to your pest problem.